Trash and Recycling Information
Delphi Trash pickup is generally on Tuesdays, or on Wednesday if a City holiday falls on Monday. Trash toter must be out by 6AM on day of pickup. All trash must be bagged. Not accepted are styrofoam, electronics, or building materials. If you have more trash than will fit in the container, stickers are available at the City Building and at Wallmann's for $.75 per bag. You can also take trash and recycling to the Carroll County Transfer Station (see hours below).
Delphi Curbside recycling is available for Delphi residents for number 1 and 2 plastics, paper, magazines, cardboard, aluminum and tin cans. Recycling toter must be out by 6AM on day of recycling pickup.
2021 Recycling Dates
|January 12||May 4||August 24||December 14|
|January 26||May 18||September 8||December 28|
|February 9||June 2||September 21|
|February 23||June 15||October 5|
|March 9||June 29||October 19|
|March 23||July 13||November 2|
|April 6||July 27||November 16|
|April 20||August 10||November 30|
What happens if my trash or recycling doesn't get picked up?
Trash Kans LLC is the contractor for trash collection and recycling in Delphi. If your trash or recycling gets missed, you need pickup for a bulk item, or your tote gets damaged, contact customer service for Trash Kans at 765-447-9000 or website at https://trashkans.com/contact-us. Be sure to state Delphi in your call.
CARROLL COUNTY TRANSFER STATION — Hours of Operation: Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday from 9:00 AM – 4:00 PM; Closed on Wednesday. Saturday 8:00 AM to noon
The following items can be brought to the recycling center 24 hrs/day and deposited in the appropriate bins:
- Plastic No. 1 — water bottles and soda bottles
- Plastic No. 2 — milk jugs, detergent jugs
- Plastic No. 5 — colored plastic
- Paper — newspaper, office paper, packing paper
- Magazines — catalogs, slick inserts, glossy papers
- Cardboard — corrugated, cereal boxes, other boxboard
- Glass — brown, green, clear, blue
- Aluminum cans — beverage cans, pie pans, aluminum foil
- Steel cans — steel or tin cans, pots and pans, small metal items
The following recycling items are accepted only during business hours:
- Electronics — computers, video devices, printers, cell phones, other
- Tires (fees apply) $3/passenger ; $6/semi; $12/super semi; $40/tractor
- Oil — motor oil, oil filters, antifreeze
- Fluorescent lights — light tubes, CFLs
- Appliances — washer, dryer, water heater, other items
- Batteries — household, rechargeable, automotive, button batteries