Riley Park AnnexBetween Hamilton Street and Washington Street, on the south side of Deer Creek, is Riley Park Annex. The Annex also includes multiple ball diamonds as well as soccer fields and restrooms. Riley Park Annex land has been acquired gradually through the 1990s. Fishing and canoeing are available in Deer Creek, and a trail transverses the park along the creek. A trail under the Washington Street Bridge connects the Annex to the main Riley Park.
The Park equipment building, built in 2002, is next to Washington Street. On the west side of the building is a skate park which was erected in 2007. It includes stairs and ramps surrounded by rails and benches, with an additional starting ramp, or half-pipe, at the end.
The road which passes through the park annex is part of Indiana’s first state highway which was established by an act of the Legislature in 1826. The Wabash Highway was located in Carroll County along the later Wabash railroad to the Dayton Road, north to Delphi, through the present park annex, and then north out of Delphi on the Carrollton Road to Logansport.
Across the creek from the park annex, on the north bank of Deer Creek, is the former raised interurban right-of-way which extends between the two Delphi bridges. Within this area are Paul Goyer Little League Park, several residences, and the former sites of Smith’s Dairy, a pottery factory, and O’Connor’s Stone Crusher, a local industry which lay on the north side of Water Street between Washington and Market Streets.